Introduction about Glutathione
Glutathione is one of the powerful antioxidants that can be found in every cell in the body. It is normally made of three types of molecules that are known as amino acids. These amino acids generally combine in some different patterns to make all proteins in the body. Some of the key functions and health benefits of this antioxidant will be discussed in this article.
Top functions and benefits of Glutathione
Some of the important functions of this include:
- The making of DNA, which are known as the building blocks cells.
- This normally supports the immune function.
- This helps in the formation of sperm cells.
- The breaking down of some of the free radicals.
- This also helps in some of the functions of enzymes.
- This normally helps in regeneration of vitamins C and E
- It helps in transporting the mercury out of the brain.
Different functions of this element
- Free radicals may contribute to aging and some other diseases. Antioxidants normally help to counteract some free radicals and normally protect the body from the damaging effects of them.
- This element normally reduces the progress of cancer cells.
- Hepatitis, fatty liver disease, and alcohol abuse, all these damage the cells of the liver. According to one study, it concludes that this element could help in treating the nonalcoholic fatty liver disease for its antioxidant properties and potential for detoxification.
- Maintaining the proper level of this element may help in improving the conditions of Parkinson’s disease.
- Some of the sources support the fact that children with autism have got lower levels of glutathione than those without autism.
Some of the top sources to get glutathione
- Sulfur is one of the important minerals which occurs naturally in some of the plants and the protein foods. Notably, sulfur is mainly required for the synthesis of glutathione. It’s primarily derived from dietary proteins, such as fish, beef, and poultry.
- Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that is mainly found in a variety of foods, such as fruits and vegetables. Some fruits like strawberries, papayas, citrus fruits, kiwis, and bell peppers are some good examples of foods rich in vitamin C. This mainly helps to maintain a proper level of antioxidants.
- Selenium is one of the essential minerals and this substance is mainly needed for maintaining this antioxidants activity. The best food sources of selenium are chicken, beef, fish, organ meats, brown rice, cottage cheese, and Brazil nut.
One can maintain the required glutathione levels by increasing their physical activity, getting enough sleep, avoiding drinking too much alcohol, and eating a balanced diet like Phosphatidylserine .